Your Personal Data – What is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Who Are We?
The owner of Melody Art is the data controller (contact details below). This means I decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
The owner of Melody Art complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to contact and reply to your enquiries;
- To process your orders with us;
- To maintain our own accounts and records;
- To inform you of news, events and activities run by us.
When someone visits our website (www.melodyart.com) we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our email newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer email@example.com. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We may pass your information to third party service providers, such as couriers, or use a third party service, who we have engaged/used for the purpose of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. Only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service is shared with any third party.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Contractual necessity so that we can reply to you
- Explicit consent so we can keep you informed about news, events and activities.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data for as long as you are a customer, or you wish to be on a list of former members for occasional contact.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Melody Art holds about you;
- The right to request that the owner of Melody Art corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the owner of Melody Art to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the David Hawtin on behalf of Melody Hawtin via email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.